HOME -- Champion News18 Nov 2017

  • Search News
  • Editions 
  • Categories 
  • Search News
  •  
  • Keyword
  • Editions
  • Sub Category
  • Month
  •  
  • Chip shop fire causes huge plume of smoke

    Danielle Thompson

    CUSTOMERS had to be evacuated from a chippy and restaurant in Southport yesterday (Tuesday) after a fire.

    Fire crews rushed to the Swan restaurant and takeaway on Stanley Street shortly before 1.30pm after a small blaze in the frying section of the building.

    Smoke filled the interior of the restaurant and was seen billowing from windows and a chimney which caused a large plume of smoke to form over the town centre.

    It is believed that staff and one of the customers had put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher before the crews arrived.

    Fire crews went inside the building to clear the smoke and make the building safe.


Back to Home