HOME -- Champion News17 Nov 2019

  • Search News
  • Editions 
  • Categories 
  • Search News
  •  
  • Keyword
  • Editions
  • Sub Category
  • Month
  •  
  • Six people arrested 12 months after murder of

    Tom Martin

    POLICE have  charged six men with murder 12 months after Miguel Reynolds was gunned down in Netherton.

    Officers raided properties in  south Sefton  on Thursday, June 13 as they continued the investigate into the shocking death of the 21-year-old, from Manchester.

    Miguel was shot on Thursday, June 7 on Assissian Crescent and suffered a fatal gunshot wound to his neck.

    A spokesperson for Merseyside Police said: “Officers attended addresses in Sefton and also produced four men from prisons in both the Merseyside and West Midlands area, resulting in six arrests. All six men have been arrested on suspicion of murder and conspiracy to rob.”

    Of the six men arrested, two are aged 20, as well as a 21-year-old, 30-year-old, 26-year-old and 24-year-old.

    Detective Chief Inspector Ian Warlow said: “Last Friday (June 7) marked one year since Miguel Reynolds was killed in Netherton and an extensive investigation remains ongoing as we continue our activity to trace those involved in this tragic murder. These raids are just one tactic we are using to disrupt and bring to justice those involved in criminality and I hope this type of activity reassures residents of this area that we are taking action and will continue to do so.”

    Following the arrests of the six men, Cllr Trish Hardy, Sefton Council’s Cabinet Member for Communities and Housing said: “Our communities in Netherton were deeply shocked following the murder of Miguel Reynolds last year.

    Continued inside

    From page 1

    “We’ve been working closely with the police ever since the tragic incident to provide reassurances that the safety of our neighbourhoods remains a priority for us.

    “As part of our collaborative approach to protect our communities, we have undertaken some environmental works to improve the local area, including improvements to the local park Marian Gardens, removed graffiti and continue to liaise with businesses and communities. We will continue to work in partnership with the police and hope the people responsible for this are brought to justice.”

    The six people charged are as follows:

    Liam Watson, 30, of no fixed address was charged with murder, conspiracy to rob, conspiracy to possess a firearm and ammunition.

    Paul Blackhurst, 26, of Plaza Boulevard, Liverpool was charged with murder, conspiracy to rob, conspiracy to possess a firearm and ammunition.

    Jake Mawhinney, 20, of Royton Road, Waterloo was charged with murder, conspiracy to rob, conspiracy to possess a firearm and ammunition.

    Dale Avery, 24, of no fixed abode, was charged with murder, conspiracy to rob, conspiracy to possess a firearm and ammunition.

    Kyle Sanders, 20, of Weightman Grove, Liverpool was charged with murder, conspiracy to rob, conspiracy to possess a firearm and ammunition.

    James Harrison, 21, of Kirkstone Road North, Litherland was charged with murder, conspiracy to rob, conspiracy to possess a firearm and ammunition.

    They appeared at Liverpool Crown Court last week  to confirm their personal details. A  plea and trial preparation hearing  will be  held  July 15, and a trial has been  provisionally set for January 14 next year.

    Anyone with information about the murder of Miguel Reynolds is asked to contact @MerPolCC, call 101 quoting ref. or @CrimestoppersUK anonymously on 0800 555 111.


Back to Home