Champ News is a service of Champion Newspapers ... Sefton & West Lancashire's favourite local newspaper
NEWS STORY Champion Story

Picture no:

Bookmark and Share
What do you think?
Write directly to the reporter
Tuesday, 16 July 2013 (3040740)
Warnings after man rescued from house fire
by Ollie Cowan

WARNINGS have been issued about the dangers of falling asleep whilst cooking after a Souhport man had to be rescued from a house fire last night (Tuesday July 16)

Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called to a property near Lord Street shortly after 12.13am after neighbours were alerted to the sound of a smoke alarm.

A fire had started after a man had fallen asleep whilst food was cooking unattended.

Crew Manager Daniel Hughes, who attended the call-out with Blue Watch at Southport Community Fire Station, said: “Smoke alarms activated and alerted the neighbours.

”The occupier was asleep and we woke them when we arrived and led them to safety.

“This call-out illustrates the importance of having working smoke alarms and the dangers of leaving cooking unattended.”

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire. They also ventilated the property.

The man was led to safety by firefighters and was later assessed by paramedics.


Champion House ad

Advertise on this website

Click logo to return to our front page
•  About us
•  Contact us
Clare House
166 Lord Street
Southport PR9 0QA
United Kingdom
01704 392 392
Sefton & West Lancashire’s favourite newspaper
delivered to over 130,000 homes every week
Champion newspaper titles and website are published by Champion Media Group, a trading style of Waypride Limited.
Company registered in England & Wales at Clare House, 166 Lord Street, Southport, PR9 0QA, company registration number 2889999, VAT registration number 582 4899 86. © 1999-2016 Champion Media Group. All rights reserved. No content of this website may be used without the express permission of the publishers in writing.
Information believed correct at time of publication, but subject to change without notice.CMG are not responsible for the content of external websites. Website designed by CMG CREATIVE.